Atelier Skn shopper bag draws inspiration from modern architecture and has been cut from a single piece of butter soft full grain 1.5mm vegetable tanned culatta from the famous Maryam tannery, offering a beautiful fiber structure with an array of subtle textures and scarring. The leather has been finished with an iron and turmeric dye treatment that is brewed in the atelier for 5 days, after application the dye reacts to the leathers natural tannins to offer an array of dirty tonal nuances. While a layer of oil restores the suppleness of the leather and a layer of beeswax is applied as a top coat for additional protection. The bag features overlocked angular stitched sides in a hand waxed Japanese ramie thread. A lock key closure is visible to the front which sits alongside a detachable button fastening pouch. The unlined raw leather interior is complimented by a second hand stitched button fastening pouch with a distressed brass key holder. Five point adjustable straps are held in place with metal hardware that will rust and evolve with use over time. Each piece comes in a hand made cow leather pouch.
- 1.5mm culatta leather bag
- Hand stitched
- Iron and turmeric dye brewed for 5 days
- Hand waxed linen thread
- Single piece pattern
- Adjustable straps with rust hardware
- Interior pocket and key holder
- Raw leather interior
- Handmade leather packaging
Each piece of Atelier Skn is made by hand in their atelier upon order. Orders may take up to 7 business days to produce, timescales may vary during busy periods.
*Please note, due to the hand finished nature of this product, inconsistencies are expected and revered
Your size not available? email us here
- Size availability - Onesize
- Measurements: width: 32cm (winged section), bag opening: 18cm, height: 30cm, pouch: 10cm x 10cm x 2cm.
- Custom sizes may be available upon request
- Body: 100% Culatta leather
- Strap: 100% Culatta leather
- Lock key: 4.5mm cow leather
- Hardware: Distressed bronze and rusted steel
- Spot Clean With A Damp Cloth To Preserve Longevity
- Do not expose to direct sunlight over a long period of time
- Detergents should not be used to remove stains.
- Each bag comes with protective cream
APPLYING THE CREAM:
- Apply a thin coat of the cream on a soft and clean cotton cloth
- Spread it evenly in a circular motion over the surface of the leather
- If the leather is extremely dry – repeat the process up to two times within four hours
- The protective cream provides a shine and also gently darkens the leather
- Do not apply the cream directly on the leather
This piece is 'handmade to order' and ships direct from UK. Please allow up to 7 business days 'production' time. Timescales may vary during busy periods.
- - Fully trackable delivery with unique tracking code.
- - Simple and easy returns procedure.
- - FREE Worldwide trackable delivery
- - Please note customs charges may be applicable to certain destinations and are the sole responsibility of the customer.
We care about your order and we will do all we can to ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and hassle free as possible. If you have any questions about this product or about shopping at The Unconventional, you can contact a member of our customer services team.